About Hart Hall
Built in 1970 as South Hall (it is still the southern-most building on campus), the building was re-named after Margaret Hart, longtime Dean of Women (1959-1977) and one of the great prayer warriors in Biola history. Originally an-all male hall, then an all-female hall, in the early 1990's Hart became the first 'flex' residence hall on campus, with men and women on separate wings of the same building.
Hart is staffed by 8 Resident Assistants, under the supervision of Resident Director Andrew Rae. As part of 'lower campus,' Hart shares the creek area with Stewart and Hope Halls, and is graced with a large central courtyard with a rose garden, and a second full lobby and full kitchen upstairs. Hart is a traditional corridor-style res hall, with community restrooms on each floor.
Hart is fully air conditioned, and each room has at least one window. Each student is provided the same furniture in each room: 1 desk, 1 two-shelf bookcase, 1 desk chair, 1 chest of drawers, a hanging/closet area or wardrobe, 1 twin bed with mattress (36" x 74" innerspring mattress), and 1 mattress cover. Each room is also provided with one telephone, one wastebasket, and drapes/blinds for the window.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Resident Director Andrew Rae.
Number of Floors 2
Number of RDs 1
Number of RAs 8
RD Office Ext x4925
Andrew Rae, Resident Director