Why Be An RA?
On college campuses across the nation, the RA position is one of the most well-known and sought-after student leadership experiences. In this job, you will be able to:
• Gain hands-on leadership experience
• Sharpen your interpersonal skills
• Deepen your self-knowledge through a mentoring relationship
• Attain valuable work experience transferable to your resume
• Experience the value of being part of a team
• Give back to your fellow students and to Biola
• ...and get paid for it!
What Does An RA Do?
The mission of Res Life is to develop students relationally by directing conversations, creating programs, and providing resources, so that they are able to authentically and lovingly engage their neighbor.
Under the supervision of the Resident Director, the RA contributes to developing students of character by:
- intentionally engaging peers in conversation,
- developing relationships with residents,
- providing opportunities for residents to interact and form friendships,
- planning programs that promote growth,
- being an accessible campus resource,
- administering care in conflict and crisis situations.
Some Basic Requirements
If you're thinking about applying to be an RA, you need to be able to answer "yes" to the following questions. You'll find out more during the application process and information sessions.
- 1. Do you currently have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA, and take between 12-18 units per semester?
- 2. Do you uphold and abide by all Biola policies and procedures, and serve as a good role model to other students?
- 3. Will you be able to add 15-20 hours of RA work per week to your schedule?
The Residence Life staff encourages you to educate yourself about the RA position by reading this website, attending the Information Meeting (see "Important Dates"), and talking to a current RA or an RD.
Questions concerning RA Selection? Please email email@example.com
We pray for God's hand to be upon you in the process and look forward to getting to know you!
Thu Nov 8 @ 9:30pm
NEW LOCATION: Calvary Chapel
APPLICATION PERIOD OPENS
Thu Nov 8
Jan 6 @ 12am
Jan 30- Feb3
(You will sign up for time & location as part of your online application)
(You will be contacted following the Group Process)
Distributed to candidate's mailboxes