RA Job Description
Official Job Description: Resident Advisor
TITLE: Resident Advisor (RA)
REPORTS TO: Resident Director (RD)
COMPENSATION: Approx. $4,600.00 divided equally over the academic year.
HOURS: 15 per week.
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Limit the number of units per semester to 12-18.
- Receive approval from the RD for all extra-curricular activities and additional employment prior to making commitments.
- Previous experience living in a residence hall is preferred.
RAs are primarily responsible to collaborate with their staff and RD in providing programs, care, and services for the residents living in their area.
Under the supervision of the RD, the RA contributes to developing students of character by intentionally engaging peers in conversation, developing relationships with residents, providing opportunities for residents to interact and form friendships, and planning programs that promote growth.
An RA is also hired to be an accessible campus resource, administer care in conflict and crisis situations, as well as carry out the responsibilities listed below:
- Pursue personal growth and leadership development as an individual and team member.
- Understand and respond appropriately to relevant issues college students are facing.
- Articulate, confront, enforce and model Biola’s policies and procedures.
- Manage administrative tasks for the effective functioning of the floor and residence hall.
- Deploy helping skills in order to effectively care for residents.
- Lead students in building community and developing a sense of social/communal responsibility.
- Facilitate purposeful and relevant social and educational programs.
- Perform related duties as assigned by RD and other Residence Life professional staff.
- Residence Life Training
- Spring- RA Training: Tuesdays 3-4:30pm
(March 5, 12, 19, 26; Apr 9, 16, 23, 30)
- Fall 2013 TBA
- January 2014 TBA
- Staff Meetings (Weekly) Mondays 3-6pm
- 1x1 with RD (Bi/Weekly)
- Staff Retreats (Fall and Spring)
- Residence Life celebrations (Fall and Spring)
- RA Selection and Commissioning (Spring)
- Residence Hall Duty
**Specific dates and times will be communicated during the RA Selection process.
Questions concerning RA Selection? Please email email@example.com
Thu Nov 8 @ 9:30pm
NEW LOCATION: Calvary Chapel
APPLICATION PERIOD OPENS
Thu Nov 8
Jan 6 @ 12am
Jan 30- Feb3
(You will sign up for time & location as part of your online application)
(You will be contacted following the Group Process)
Distributed to candidate's mailboxes