South Horton Hall
About South Horton
Built in 2005, Horton Hall is the newest and second-largest residence hall on campus, and is treated as two communities: the north end is known as North Horton, and the south end as South Horton, each with its own RD and staff of RAs. It replaced the original Horton Hall, built in 1958, and is named for T.C. Horton, a pastor, author, colleague of Lyman Stewart, and co-founder of Biola.
Horton is close to the center of campus, with especially easy access to the music, athletic, and cafeteria facilities. Horton is co-ed, with male and female students living in separate sections of the building, while sharing the lobbies, kitchens, and laundry facilities.
South Horton is staffed by 10 Resident Assistants, under the supervision of Resident Director Heather Bixby. Horton is a traditional 'dorm-style' hall with community restrooms. The main lobby/lounge is a two-story atrium. There is a centralized laundry room in the basement, and a large basement kitchen.
Horton is fully airconditioned, and has full wireless internet. Each student is provided the same furniture in each room: 1 desk, a 2-shelf bookcase, 1 desk chair, 1 chest of drawers, a closet or wardrobe, 1 twin bed with mattress (36" x 74" innerspring mattress), and 1 mattress cover. Each room also has one telephone, one wastebasket, and window coverings (blinds/drapes).
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Resident Director Heather Bixby.
Occupancy 414 (whole bldg)
Gender Male & Female
Number of Floors 5
Number of RDs 1
Number of RAs 9
RD Office Ext x6998
Lobbies/Lounges 1 on each wing
Kitchens 1 (for whole bldg)
Heather Bixby, Resident Director