After submitting the Enrollment Deposit (priority deadline for Fall is May 1, 2015!) all Incoming Students must complete either the online Housing Application OR the Request to Commute Application.
Late Applicants (after the start of Fall or Spring semesters), see instructions below.
Step 1: How to Pay the Housing Deposit
To pay the $250 Housing Deposit, 1) log into MyBiola, 2) click on the "Student Finances" tab, 3) select "Manage My Account." On the new page that opens, 4) select the "E-Deposits" tab, 5) select the appropriate semester, and 6) choose to pay the "Undergrad Housing Deposit" with your credit card. After paying the Housing Deposit, you will then have access to complete the Housing Application. Please note: you should have immediate access to complete your Housing Application, but in rare cases it may take a few minutes or hours to update your access to the Housing Application. See the Admissions What's Next page for more information on paying the Housing Deposit.
Step 2: How to Apply for Biola Housing
Residency Requirement: Any student under 20 years old by the first day of Fall Classes (Wednesday, August 26, 2015) is REQUIRED to live on campus or commute from home.
Several days after you pay your Enrollment Deposit, you will have access to MyBiola's Student tab. You are then ready to complete your Housing Application.
The 2015-2016 Biola Housing Application for all students is available beginning Monday, January 26, 2015. A PDF walk-through of the Fall application process is available here. Access the Housing Application on MyBiola>Student tab>MyHousing>ApplyOnline>Fall-Spring 2015-2016 Housing Application.
If you are planning to live at home or live off-campus, then this is the alternative to Step 2: Apply for Housing above.
The Request to Commute Application for ALL COMMUTERS is available beginning Monday, January 26. A PDF walk-through of the process is available here. Access the Request to Commute application on MyBiola>Student tab>MyHousing>ApplyOnline>Request to Commute.
All students under 20 years old by the first day of Fall Classes (Wednesday, August 26, 2015) are REQUIRED to live on campus or commute from their parents' home.
If a student who is under age 20 plans to commute from home, they must complete the Request to Commute Application. Afterwards, they will receive an email with approval or denial to commute.
Students 20 years of age or older are automatically approved to commute; however, the Application must be completed.
Request a Roommate
After completing your Housing Application, you can request a specific roommate from other Incoming Students by name starting in May. We will post more instructions in May. The system will ONLY let you find roommates by name who have already completed their Housing Application. So if you can't find your friend when searching by name, please make sure they have already completed their Housing Application.
Fall 2015 Housing Assignments
• Be aware that the Housing Application contains the Housing Contract. Once the application is submitted, the Contract is binding and cancellation deadlines and fees may apply. See the Housing Handbook cancellation section and important dates section for more details.
• Fall 2015 Housing Assignments will be available on MyBiola>Student>MyHousing>Overview:
- In mid-June for students applying by May 1
- On a rolling basis throughout June until August for students applying after May 1
Incoming Students: Cancelling Housing
Written notice of Housing cancellation must be received before July 1 to avoid cancellation fees and Housing Deposit forfeit. See the Housing Handbook on Housing Cancellations and Housing Deposits for more information.
Students Under 18
Students under 18 years old at the time of completing the Housing Contract must print out the Housing Contract and have their parents/guardians sign and mail the contract to:
Attn: Housing Department
13800 Biola Avenue
La Mirada, CA 90639
You may find a copy of the Housing Contract attached to confirmation email sent to your Biola inbox after you have completed the Housing Application. You may print and sign the Housing Contract from there and mail it to the Housing Office.
The Housing Contract and Application will not be considered complete until the parent/guardian signature portion is received and processed by the Housing Department. Housing Assignments will not be made until the Housing Contract and Application are completed.
Students wishing to apply for Housing after the start of the Fall or Spring semester should complete the following steps:
- Pay $250 Housing Deposit (see instructions above).
- Complete the Housing Application (see instructions above). If the Housing Application does not appear on your MyHousing and you have already paid your Housing Deposit, please contact the Housing Office to turn on the Housing Application for you.
- Email the Housing Office to let us know you have completed the Housing Application and are seeking Housing.
- The Housing Office will email you with a Housing Assignment.
- Pay the required down-payment at the Accounting Office (may be 50%+ of total semester Housing & Meal Plan charges).
- Bring proof of payment to the Housing Office to check-in and start moving in.
Please note that you are contracted for Housing for the entire Academic Year when you complete your Housing Application. Cancellation fees may apply after completing your Housing Application.