In consideration of illness, misplaced/lost ID cards, occasional irresolvable time conflicts, or tardiness, some of the mandatory requirement may be "made up" by listening to recordings of Chapel sessions. Conference make-ups must be done using Conference recordings (see bottom of this page).
- Download and print out the Chapel/Conference Makeup Form (PDF).
- Select a Chapel/Conference recording from the list below (recordings may be mp3s or YouTube videos).
- Open or download the recording (your browser configuration decides this) by clicking on it.
- Listen conscientiously to the recording you selected.
- Complete the Chapel/Conference Makeup Form. Your responses MUST be handwritten.
- There is a $1-per-makeup processing fee (i.e., turning in 10 chapel makeups and 2 conference makeups = $12). Cash/Checks only. Checks payable to Biola University. Cash must be exact change.
- Turn in Chapel/Conference Makeup Form & fee to Chapel Accountability, Student Services Bldg. Office is open M-F 830am-4pm.
Makeups due by date of final chapel of semester: December 12 at 4:30pm
Makeups received without correct payment will not be processed.
Eligible Chapel Recordings
All recordings are mp3/audio unless otherwise noted.
- Allister Begg: Never Forgotten [VIDEO]
- Craig Hazen: Christ in a World of Religions [VIDEO]
- Dallas Willard: Jesus: The Smartest Man Who Ever Lived?
- James Choung: Generational Worldviews [VIDEO]
- Os Guinness: A Case for Civility: The Emerging Global Public Square
- Scott Rae: Objective vs. Subjective [VIDEO]
Arts and Culture
- Dana Gioia: Beauty's Place in the Christian Vision [VIDEO]
- Daniel Siedell: A Meditation on a Non-Christian Artist
- Greg Wolfe: The Christian Tragedy
- Steve Bell: Music, Prayers, and Meditations on God [VIDEO]
- Brennan Manning: Trust
- Brian Kluth: Generosity Movement [VIDEO]
- Dallas Willard: Discipleship in the Church
- Dave Talley: Perspectives That Allow Us to Endure
- Dave Talley: When Theology Meets Reality
- Doreen Dodgen-McGee: The M Word - Your Brain, Friends, and Soul on Technology [VIDEO]
- E.V. Worthington: The Love Story of Forgiveness [VIDEO]
- Doug Geivett: Calling, Vocation, & the Will of God
- Gary Habermas: Dealing with Emotional Doubt, Phil. 4:6-9
- John Coe: Romance, Dating, & Emotional Chastity
- John Lynch; When You Get Tired Enough
- John Lynch: Hiding Behind the Mask
- LaVerne Tolbert: Living Out the Good News for a Pro-Life America [VIDEO]
- Matt Jensen: Reflections for Singles & Those Struggling with Homosexuality [VIDEO]
- Phil Vischer: My Life as a Tomato [VIDEO]
- Skye Jethani: Rethinking Radical [VIDEO]
- Tim Muehlhoff, Tamara Anderson, Scott Rae: The Sanctity of Life [VIDEO]
- Tim & Noreen Muehlhoff: Rushing Relationships: Understanding What Escalates Emotions [VIDEO]
- Wesley Hill: Spiritual Friendship [VIDEO]
- Father Greg Boyle: The Power of Boundless Compassion [VIDEO]
- Joni Eareckson Tada: On Suffering & Disability [VIDEO]
- Kathy McReynolds: Go out to the Roads and Country Lanes: The Parable of the Great Banquet
Missions and Evangelism
- Jerry Root: Being Authentic in our Inauthenticity
- John Coe: What is the Great Commission About, Anyway? [VIDEO]
- Skye Jethani: Blind, But Now I See...[VIDEO]
- Sy Rogers: On Homosexuality
- Terri McCarthy: Who's Hogging All the Water? [VIDEO]
- Eric Metaxas: Amazing Grace, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and Harlem [VIDEO]
- Lisa Sharon Harper: Peace Through Equality [VIDEO]
- Ray Bakke: Everybody's Coming to Cities [VIDEO]
- Ray Bakke: Inclusiveness of the Kingdom [VIDEO]
- Archibald Hart: Where Has All Our Pleasure Gone? [VIDEO]
- Betsy Barber: The Psychology of Prayer: Why We Do or Do Not Think God Hears Us (Part 1) **
- Betsy Barber: The Psychology of Prayer: Why We Do or Do Not Think God Hears Us (Part 2) **
- Bruce Demarest: Responding to God in Prayer
- Dallas Willard: Sexual Desire & Spiritual Formation, with special reference to Pornography
- Erik Thoennes: Our Identity as Justified Sinners in Christ
- John Coe: Spiritual Renewal: The Dark Night of the Soul
- John Coe: Spiritual Renewal: Resisting Temptation of Moral Formation
- John Coe: Why We Sin When We Know So Much (Part 1)**
- John Coe: Why We Sin When We Know So Much (Part 2)**
- Ken Shigematsu: Rhythms of Life [VIDEO]
- Mike Erre: Heart of Desperation
- President Barry Corey: When Gifts Outpace Character
- Richard Averbeck: The Bible & Spiritual Formation
- Steve Farrar: Fixing Our Eyes on Jesus: Heb. 12:1
- Steve Porter: Dealing With Anxiety
- Steve Porter: The Catastrophe of Following Jesus
- Todd Hall: Furnishing the Soul (Part 1)** [VIDEO]
- Todd Hall: Furnishing the Soul (Part 2)** [VIDEO]
- Todd Pickett: School of Love
- Todd Pickett: What is Our Response? Rom. 12:1
- Todd Pickett: The Heart of Conflict- James 4:1-3 [VIDEO]
** For 2-part messages, each part of message counts as 1 chapel makeup (listening to both parts of a 2-part message= 2 makeups). Separate makeup form required for each message.
Word Series - John 1
- Mickey Klink, "Hearing the Music"
- Fred Sanders, "The Word Was God" John 1:1-3
- Jon Anderson, "The Light of the World and Our Problem of Blindness" John 1:4-11
- Rob Lister, "The Word Became Flesh" John 1:14-18
- Donna Thoennes, "Children Through Grace"
Eligible Conference Recordings: Torrey Conference 2015
*Conference makeups will be posted here after the Torrey Conference