To empower attendees to become catalysts for change through transformational learning and growth as they engage the diversity of the Kingdom of God.
To be an annual gathering where attendees experience
- instruction that broadens their perspectives,
- dialogue that enhances critical thinking, and
- artistic expression that inspires creativity.
Through active participation in SCORR, attendees will develop a greater vision for enhancing diversity, promoting biblical justice and inspiring leadership that results in a life long process of building God’s Kingdom on earth.
- To provide teaching on the biblical basis on reconciliation, justice, and the Kingdom of God on earth.
- To address issues facing contemporary society and engage one another in critical dialogue on being a presence in our society.
- To explore the challenges facing Christian colleges and universities regarding diversity in Higher Education.
- To build a network of advocacy and support for students, staff and faculty who are committed to enhancing an awareness of diversity, reconciliation and shalom on Christian colleges and universities.
We believe that the process of reconciliation is central to the message of the gospel and to be lived out on a daily basis by believers in Christ. Therefore, SCORR gives high priority to worship, prayer and the teaching from scripture the value of diversity and ministry of reconciliation.
We value to role of the arts in our education and edification as the Body of Christ. We serve a creative God and we should be a creative people of God. Therefore, we give a significant place for a variety of artistic expression in our worship and instruction at SCORR.
We believe in the priesthood of all believers. As we come from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, all can make a significant contribution. Therefore, we value dialogue across cultures, gender, ethnicity, and socio-economic status. At SCORR we are all students as well as teachers.
We believe in the power of stories. Narratives play a significant role in scripture as well as in our personal development. Therefore, we give a place to hear and tell our stories at SCORR. Stories are present throughout the conference and thus provide a means to connect on a deeper level.